Business diagnostics is a form of analysis that helps your company get rid of all problems in a more efficient way. Therefore, knowing how to do it is essential and in this article we will teach you. A good read for you!
Ever wonder what you can do to grow your business? The business diagnosis can give you a broad view of everything that happens between the sectors of your company.
For this it is necessary to carry out data collection and analyze information to discover the root of the problems.
The business diagnosis is an analysis that aims to find problems within a business and opportunities for improvement and growth.
It is important to emphasize that any good business diagnosis must involve all areas of your company.
In other words, always take into account the sectors of marketing, accounting, human resources, among others.
This is because it is necessary to collect as much information as possible about the activities that your company performs and their results in order to have a clear picture of the scenario in each area.
So focus on the following methods:
- Interviews: make a script with objective questions about the situation in a particular sector. Once this is done, forward them to managers and other employees. The answers will help you get feedback from the areas, both on data and on the opinion of employees.
- Reports: Periodically, you can make reports about each department of the company, in order to collect information about the decisions taken and the results obtained over a period of time.
- Field observation: experiencing the routine of all employees is the basis of field observation. By doing this work, you end up getting to know better how the functions are carried out and what are the main mistakes and successes of each one.
Business diagnosis: identifying the problems
After a data collection, it’s time to identify the problems.
For this, we recommend the use of the Ishikawa Diagram, also known as the Cause and Effect Diagram or even the Fishbone Diagram.
It helps you sort out the root of all your problems by analyzing all the factors involved in running the process, such as:
- Machines: do they malfunction or do they not exist harm the company?
- Raw materials: having a lack of reliable suppliers can bring great losses, check if this happens in your company.
- Labor: not providing training to the sales team discourages employees, who are prevented from meeting targets. Analyze how your sales team is doing.
- Environment: the lack of space in your industry and the pollution it emits can cause lack of success. Make sure this is your company’s scenario.
- Measure: if everything is not managed and measured, the processes end up being outdated, compromising all activities. Assess the steps you have taken for each problem and their solutions.
A well-done business diagnosis can serve as a basis for creating strategies and aligning processes. And consequently provide your company’s growth.
And speaking of a company, we invite you to learn a little more about Geartech BR by visiting the other pages of our website. If you wish, contact us so that we can be business partners!